Antibarspin 3.0

Per la mia Bombarda, ho comprato una forcella ON-ONE nuova e una seriesterzo FSA da downhill.
Li ho provati, la bici s’è alzata di un paio di cm davanti, ma è molto meno “bizzarra” e più morbida, oltre che finalmente va dritta e non ho più overlap sul piede sinistro (la forcella vecchia era ormai irreparabilmente storta!)

Ovviamente la prima volta che ho giocato, abituato al blocco del giro manubrio, mi sono accartocciato un par de volte. Quindi senza indugio ho proceduto a elaborare un nuovo sistema antibarspin®.

For my Bombarda, I bought a brand new ON-ONE fork and FSA downhill headset.
I tried them, the bike has risen by an inch in front, but it’s much less “bizarre” and softer, and finally goes right, and my left shoe does not overlap anymore (the old fork was irreparably bent !)

Of course, the first time I played, used to the handlebar block, I crumpled a pair of times.
So without delay I proceeded to build a new  antibarspin system®.

Sul telaio è rimasto il dente di riscontro, ulteriormente rinforzato da saldature più “cremose”.
Per il pezzo che invece va fissato alla forca, ho prima realizzato un modello di studio in forex, verificando dimensioni e intersezioni. Poi ho usato la piastra di ferro di una pasticca per freno a disco d’auto, trovato per strada anni fa.
A martellate e morsa ho cercato di copiare la forma del modello. Tre pezzi: piastra curva e due “alette” di battuta.

E’ seguita una sessione di saldatura nelle officine Don Chisciotte, e l’immediato test sul campo.
Bilancio più che positivo, oggi ho verniciato il ferro e realizzato due spessori di gomma per la “regolazione fine”.

Presto un riscontro sul campo.
Il riscontro sul campo ha evidenziato un bisogno di sicurezza. Nelle ultime tre foto, l’intervento di riduzione e arrotondamento.

The frame has still the old abutment tooth, which is further reinforced by a more “creamy” welding.
About the mobile part fastened to the gallows, I first made a study model in forex, verifying dimensions and intersections.
Then I used the iron plate of a tablet of a car disc brake, found on the street years ago.

By hammer and grip I tried to copy the shape of the model. Three pieces: the curved plate and two “flaps” for blocking the rotation in a certain angle.

Then I had a welding session in Don Quixote bike kitchen, and the immediate field testing.
Positive feedback: today I painted the iron and made two rubber shim for “fine tuning” on both sides.

Soon the final test on the court.
The court test has shown a need for safety. In the last three pics, the piece has been reduced and rounded.

[nggallery id=95]

Autore: Marco

born in 1972. joins the RBP in May 2009. Since then no work, no women, no life, just POLO. Sometimes dubbed "the Surgeon" for self-intervention on his bike, he loves the heavy bikes and heavy bats. Always upgrading his bike. website

13 pensieri riguardo “Antibarspin 3.0”

Lascia un commento